When Selecting the Advisor to Sell your Business?February 2, 2016
Before Selling Your Business April 5, 2016
Sale Process Explained:
- Initial discussions with the Owners to allow us to get to know each other.
- Review of historical financial statements and Company marketing material.
- Discussions concerning price expectations.
- Execution of the Listing Agreement.
- Receipt of necessary material to reconstruct the financial data and to assemble the Offering Memorandum.
- Initial “Blind” email teaser to determine which of our Private Equity Groups has a current interest in the Company that we are now marketing. Also, specific marketing within the Company’s focus if so instructed by the Seller.
- Execute a Confidentiality Agreement with each prospective Buyer.
- Provide the Executive Summary of the Company to the Buyers.
- Initial discussions to determine the level of interest with each Buyer.
- Provide the complete Offering Memorandum which includes Financial Information.
- Discussion with each Buyer to determine those that qualify to proceed.
- Individual conference call with Seller, Buyer and the Montana Group.
- Buyer provides non-binding valuation range.
- Those with acceptable valuations are allowed a visit with Seller either on premise or offsite.
- Buyers provide an offer sheet which is discussed with the Seller.
- A Buyer is selected and the Due Diligence process begins which includes the assembly of much information and many meetings to discuss the Company.
- A successful closing!